The Housing Associations branch will be holding its Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 17th February, 6-8.30pm, at City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, London, SE1 2AA (the London Assembly building). This is the central event of the year for the branch and it’s important that as many members attend as possible.
Stella Creasy MP will be the keynote speaker and sandwiches will be provided.
The deadline for nominations to the branch executive committee to be received in the branch office is 5pm on Tuesday 27th January, although vacant positions can be nominated to after that date. Nominations are also sought for delegates to UNISON’s National Delegate Conference [external link] and to the Regional Service Group Committee.
Nomination forms are available here – anyone standing for election will need to be proposed and seconded by two other branch members. The AGM is also the opportunity to decide the branch’s priorities for the next year by passing motions and agreeing which organisations the branch should affiliate to.
Officer posts to be elected at the AGM:
- Young Members’ Officer
- Health & Safety Officer
- Communications Officer
- Assistant Secretary
- Membership Officer
- Welfare Officer
- Equalities Officer: Women
- Equalities Officer: Black Members
- Equalities Officer: Disabled Members
- Equalities Officer: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Members
- Equalities Officer: Against Ageism
- Training /Lifelong Learning Officer
- International officer
- Retired Members Officer – elected by retired members
- Labour Link Officer – elected by APF members
- 10 workplace reps – 5 for large shops, 5 for small shops
- 5 workgroup reps – representing certain jobs eg. support workers, housing officers